Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Influence Of Nature On Holistic Development

liberty

Hi

I'm in the process of carrying out a literature review based on "The influence of nature on children's holistic development" - (nature as in the outdoors rather than nature/nurture debate), and I'm finding it difficult to find anything to contrast with the benefits apart from heresay about parents/practitioners feelings about germs and mess.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for hard evidence, or has any suggestions - they would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

what about looking at the risky play angle Liberty? lots of info recently about the fors and againsts of risky play Im sure! Also we are lucky enough to have a woodland area where the children can get back to nature and one fo the problems was ratio when some children choose to be outside in the 'wilderness' so to speal and then staff also needing to cover inside esp for toileting etc! Am I barking upt he wrong tree!! haha no pun intended!

Also staff attitudes esp this weather!!

Andrea :o

Hi

I'm in the process of carrying out a literature review based on "The influence of nature on children's holistic development" - (nature as in the outdoors rather than nature/nurture debate), and I'm finding it difficult to find anything to contrast with the benefits apart from heresay about parents/practitioners feelings about germs and mess.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for hard evidence, or has any suggestions - they would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

try googling foucault versus forest schools...that may bring you up something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)