Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mr Men Lesson Ideas?

Hiya everyone, i hope someone can help!

my Reception class are really interested in Mr men and Little miss books and i was wondereing if anyone had any interesting lesson ideas.

we have read some of the stories and play the physical game e.g. move like mr rush, mr bounch ect..

but im struggling with other ideas

thank you in adance

Em

Hiya everyone, i hope someone can help!

my Reception class are really interested in Mr men and Little miss books and i was wondereing if anyone had any interesting lesson ideas.

we have read some of the stories and play the physical game e.g. move like mr rush, mr bounch ect..

but im struggling with other ideas

thank you in adance

Em

well im not in teaching Im in pre-school arena but if I were following this through I would be getting them to design their own "Mr" Or "Misses".......maybe thinking about what attributes people have that they admire or dislike......for example what about Mr Bully! just a thought.

how about

a mr man or misses for every letter of the alphabet.

lots of them are different shapes...could do for psrn

design a balloon mr man

create a 3d mr man land in wct.

make mr happy stress balls (and make one for yourself!)

emotions are a big thing in these books so lots of scope for pse activities

have fun...i like these books but my last deputy loathed them :o

I finished the "children's literature" (EA300) OU level 3 course in the spring and at the very start we were shown how complex the Mr Men/misses books are and how the pictures engage children in a very complicated decoding process for example to show movement like walking the pictures depict this by simply lines by the hands and even small children recognise this as movement of the body. So far from being the simple books that some take them for they are really quite demanding....despite this though I still find some of them a bit contrived but if the children enjoy them that is what counts and not my personal preferences. :o

Edited by enuffsenuf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)