Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Language Development Policy Anyone?

vickymck

Hi,

I was at uni the other day and we are doing early childhood development at the moment focusing this week on language development. Tutor has told us our homework is to have a look at our settings 'language development policy' and prepare something on how we promote language development in the setting. I have no problem with the second bit and can easily explain how we do it but we don't have a policy for it so if anyone else has one I would realy like to have a look please.

I hope you managed to come up with something - I've not heard of a separate policy for language development before.

I'm not a great fan of having policies for the sake of it and think its better to have fewer, broader ones. We had a curriculum policy which covered all areas, language included. If you have one for language then you're going down the path of needing one for each area of the curriculum!

I know this is for uni work though - just hope it doesn't end up being filtered out around settings that we 'have' to have one.

No language development policy in my setting either and why really would you need one.

Only have what i need sorry

Edited by Suer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)