Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eprofile

Hi, this might sound a very silly question to lots of you - I'm a bit lost. I've just moved to Reception from Nursery - should I be completing the eprofile on the children in my class? When I asked the old reception teacher she said, you can do it when you want - I'm not really sure - can anyone help? Does anyone teach in Sefton area - would you be willing to let me come and observe/pick your brains?

Thanks

Hi I use the eprofile and in my area all schools do as well. Speak to your head to see what is used in your area. If you are going to use eprofile first of all you need to make sure you are using the most recent version, you can download the newest version which is 3.3. You need to get your school secretary to make a file of all the UPN numbers of the children in your class and give it you on a memory stick to upload onto your system (is much quicker than typing in all the names and numbers) I enter onto the eprofile every half term usually in the holidays, it usually takes me best part of a day. I am just at the point of having the evidence in order to record their on entry data onto eprofile. My head teacher likes me to have entered the on entry data by half term and then likes a mini report each half term about how they are doing. Depends on your head and what data they want to see as to how often you enter details onto it. I find it useful to enter regularly as I use the data generated from the eprofile to help me in planning next steps. Sorry not in the sefton area so can't help there but happy to answer any questions you have on here. In my area data is sent in a file from the eprofile to county and has to be sent by a date in June.

You should have an early years advisor who should be able to come out to you and show you what to do if you are worried. I just had a play for a couple of hours and worked it out-it's not a tricky system to use

Deb

Hi iusedtobeabox.

To be honest, the eprofile was never intended to be used in nursery, it was meant to show where children are at at the end of the phase not as a tracking tool throughout the phase.

Some Las are making expectations that it is used in nursery, (to provide on entry data etc) but it seems like you are having the choice? If I had the choice, I would always use the development matters, which covers the breadth of the EYFS in a way the profile doesn't.

Hi Mundia, I am in Reception - I moved from Nursery, thats why I'm a bit lost! I used the Development Matters throughout Nursery.

Hi Mundia, I am in Reception - I moved from Nursery, thats why I'm a bit lost! I used the Development Matters throughout Nursery.

oops, sorry about that, think i read it as you had moved from reception to nursery rather than the other way round!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)