Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Question Help Please.

Hi, please could someone help with a query. Does a child have to achieve 1-3 across all areas on order to gain a higher score? Or on certain ones can they score say 12 and 5 and then have a total score of 3? Thought I had heard this but now not sure. Thank you

Hi, please could someone help with a query. Does a child have to achieve 1-3 across all areas on order to gain a higher score? Or on certain ones can they score say 12 and 5 and then have a total score of 3? Thought I had heard this but now not sure. Thank you

Achild must score 1-3 before they can get any of 4-9. If you think a child could get a later one before they have got 1-3 then you need to phone your advisor for a password..........but they will never let you do it only in very very exeptional circumstances :oxD:( :(

I do find that in some circumstances children achieve some later ones before the earlier ones (the rhyme and alliteration one being the one that springs to mind) so all I do is record on paper when they achieved the later scores but don't enter on e profile (because it won't let you) until the earlier point is achieved and then I put in the correct date in afterwards.

Deb

I do find that in some circumstances children achieve some later ones before the earlier ones (the rhyme and alliteration one being the one that springs to mind) so all I do is record on paper when they achieved the later scores but don't enter on e profile (because it won't let you) until the earlier point is achieved and then I put in the correct date in afterwards.

Deb

I'm so glad it's not just me for this one. I really struggle for this one. Sometimes I get to the end of the year and still feel they aren't demonstrating an awareness of rhyme and alliteration but they can very definitely do all the rest. Maybe I just have completely the wrong perceptions about what evidence I need to see for this point and in this instance I don't find the profile handbook helps much!

lots of people do. It's awareness you are looking for - not a capacity to create alliterative sentences or rhyming strings.

A child who puts his hands on his head early because he is predicting that will be the word in a rhyming song would be an example. a child who says that sounds the same as my name ie it has the same initial sound would be too.

it's all about the developmental pitch you are looking for in a pre ELG statement.

typically the points 1-3 are developementally hierarchical. Most children will attain them in order. As they may cover different aspects you have to consider the development within thise differing aspect.

cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)