Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transistion Info

Hi all,

What do you send out to your new starters as a form to gather information?

We send a photocopied book asking questions such as what they like doing what numbers they can recognise/write etc. This is for the parents to do with the children and they are expeced to bring it in on their visit in July. However the book is now about 8 years old and battered, and really quite boring and sad looking! it is a valuable tool as we take from a range of private day nurserys having no main feeder so it helps us with our preparations for September.

Has anyone anything they would kindly share or point me in the direction of anything useful??

Many Thanks

:o

I was going to ask the same thing Cait!!

We (in nursery) pass our Worcestershire Pathway profiles and learning journeys to the reception teacher.

The profiles have a section at the front where info has been gathered from the parents and then the developmental statements to highlight and date. We use the learning journeys to inform this highlighting.

Children who enter our reception class from sources other than the schools own nursery are often sent in with no profiles or LJ's. . . last year our reception teacher went to visit those not coming via the school nursery and found this very useful

With a double entry reception class this year and a member of staff down this was not practical.

Im reception sorry!

I wanted to do visits this year but it became imposible visiting 13 nurserys where we got children from, none come from school nurserys so we dont get anything at all, Ive asked a few but nothing ever materialised. Was just wondering what others got thats all as really struggle to be prepared for the children, so even come with some needs that we are not initailly prepared to meet.

That seems unfair. I have sheets that I send out for parents to complete and this forms the basis of the start of the learning story - would they be any use to you? I'm Preschool, but as it's all EYFS it may still be relevant.

makes me grateful for our transition cluster groups in our area...supports transition to school great for sharing information..we put together 'All about Me' little booklets for parents to complete about their child (these are done for transition to pre-school and again transition to school) we also send in each child's Learning Journey for reception teachers to look at, so they get a picture where a child is

here is a link to our 'all about me' booklets all_about_me_front_and_back_pre_school.docall_about_me_book_for_pre_school.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)