Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bonus Scheme

Hi, I have been discussing introducing a bonus scheme for staff with my director and wondered if anyone does anything similar? We have outlined areas such as room organisation, sick days, paperwork completion etc... so far. Really want it to be an incentive for people to work as hard as they possibly can! Any ideas would be great, Thanks!

we didn't but my husbands firm do.. or think they do!

they are supposed to have a meeting to work out targets/ achievements to be met for the coming year ,

once a month meeting with the staff by a team leader who does an update to work out if there are any barriers to them meeting the targets

once every 3 months is a written report with the targets they have met and a payment made if they have achieved them.

They don't call them targets but cannot remember what the wording is and he is away so cannot ask...

the idea is they are set some they will easily meet, and some which need work and enthusiasm to meet..

He does have a big issue with it though.. the reward is hardly worth the effort needed... and the company are not very good at it! So far this year he has not had hist targets set! yes we are in September and nothing set since Jan! He has been paid his bonus for the last 2 quarters on the fact that he has no targets set.. not his problem they don't keep their end of the deal..

So whatever you decide or start, make sure it is manageable and reward is worth the effort...

sometimes simple is best.. employee of the month gets a bottle or reward of some kind, nominated by other staff with a reason why..shows you are valued by other staff .

hi are you a charity run setting or private?

We are a private day nursery. It is really still just an idea as I would really like everyone to work as hard as possible anyway, without extra rewards, but this seems to be too much to ask..... :o

Inge - I can see that it could be hard to keep track of. If I do it, I want to do it properly so maybe back to the drawing board for now. Thanks for your reply

It is really still just an idea as I would really like everyone to work as hard as possible anyway, without extra rewards, but this seems to be too much to ask..... :o

I know what you mean! I've heard some settings give bonus for 'not being of sick' or 'late' for about 10 days in a row! ........well ok, maybe a whole month- I do tend to exaggerate sometimes xD:(:(

I quite like the idea of a small treat though - just to make people feel valued.