Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Needed

Glen

hi

I am looking to buy some new games ect for my pre-school. Age range from 2 to years old

What are your favourites?

There is so much choice so I would like to make a wise buy

Any advice would be good.

Thanks in advance

Glen

Depending on what type of game you want, our children LOVE the pop up pirate game and hungry frogs, but if you want something more structured they also enjoy; soundtracks, picture lotto, the shopping game and dominoes.

Edited by zigzag

yes sorry

computer games

glen

If you could use LINUX at your setting, you can get hundreds of really good games for free (!). I really like a suite of educational games called GCompris. It has everything right from ~ 2year old's games to teach mouse control, it has sound and words for most languages and various levels of difficulties. I can't praise it highly enough. Have used it with my 2-5s and they loved it!

x Poppy

PS Have just found a version for MS as well:

http://gcompris.net/-About-GCompris-

:o

Edited by Poppy33

• 1 month later...

Hi All - also looking for some good games as mentioned here, but we do not have internet in our pre-school and would need to buy discs any ideas of some good companies and where to purchase.

Thanks Dot :o

The Gigglebies range is fab, lots of interactive games and Yellow Door produce some great simple games based on traditional stories such as Jack and the Beanstalk as well as having the capacity to just tell the the story

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)