Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Send My Friend To School

Following on from the timely reminder from Steve with the wonderful 'make poverty history' logo, I'd like to ask everyone to 'send my friend to school'

There are 104 million children world wide, more of them girls, who currently do not attend school. In Zambia alone, where my family and I live, I train teachers who cannot get employment because the government cannot pay them. Instead it is paying off massive debts which it cannot afford. My own children are priviledged to be at school, many of their friends are not.

In time for the G8 summit in Scotland in July, the campaign is trying to make and send 1 million cut out models of 'buddies' to send to school. Please make them in your setting. The more life size the better, but small scale if fine too.The Uk has so far made 350000.Please get a local MP or celebrity to accept the cut outs and get publicity for your setting. If you have already done this, perhaps you could share some photos with us?

But we quick, they need to be done by the 23rd of June, dont hang about. If you are having trouble getting someone to collect the 'buddies' you can send them to

The Buddy Hotel

Goods In

(Room 141584)

C/O Oxfam

30 Murdoch Road

Bicester

OX26 4RF

You can find out more, find templates, or make an online friend if you are short of time at

sendmyfriend

or more information about the global campaign for eduation, look

here

For more information on the make poverty history campaign, please look

makepovertyhistory

Please make a difference. If you do one thing this year, please make it this one.

Great Magenta, dont suppose you have any photos do you?

Michaelle, you wont be too late if you do them the frst week back. they would make a great one off activity, let us know how you get on. :D

Hi Chaps -

Nice to see this topic even if belatedly! (I'm off somewhere in Wales/Devon this week so I've only just caught up with it)

Would be good to see any photos Magenta? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Great Magenta, dont suppose you have any photos do you?

Michaelle, you wont be too late if you do them the frst week back. they would make a great one off activity, let us know how you get on. :D

33179[/snapback]

Jenny, I just wanted to let you know that we did the buddies and it was really successful. We did a mixture of life size ones and the templates plus many of the children did them online as well and got their families involved. I invited our local MP into school and he made a buddy too.

It was so good to get the chidren involved in such an important cause!

M x I will try and post some pics when I can work out how to do it!

Guest Jamjim

We have made loads offriends too,children had a great time,sadly no photos yet.

Yours look great Michaelle.

OK - mini competition time. The first three members to post a photo of their Send My Friend to School activities get a Make Poverty History wrist band posted to them.

Yes I know you've all got one already, but wear two and give the second to someone who looks like they'd like one but can't afford it...

Michaelle, if you PM me your address I'll send you two as you're the first! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)