Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Siblings

Hi,

I have had some interest shown from a couple with two girls. One goes to school full time and the other one is just under 2. So they would require me to do some drop offs and pick ups for their older daughter and have the younger daughter full time.

I'm not quite sure what to charge them, I have said i would do some sort of a discount as they are siblings.

Could anybody advise me on how they do it?

Thank you

I usually consider cases like this on a case by case basis and not as a matter of course. Depends how many places I have available and how much I think they are willing to pay. I don't want fill up under-fives places with after-schoolies on a discount. Then again, I wouldn't want to lose a little one because I didn't give in a little bit on the older child's fees. What ever you do make sure that any discount only refers to the older child and that you ask the parents not to discuss discounts with others.

Best of luck

I charged 20p less an hour on the older/at school sibling than my usual after school rate as a sibling discount when I was a childminder. I know it isn't loads, but it was appreciated.

HTH

Clare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)