Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Gear

Hi. We are due to open a nursery soon and have a little money available to us. No doubt I will be on here looking for your brill advice a lot. We are thinking of uniforms at the mo. The thing I'm particularly keen to get right is outdoor gear. I was suggested all in one suits but I felt we would spend more time putting them on!! Has anyone got any tried and tested macs or any other suggestions. I know there has been a lot of discussion on here so would be great if I could be pointed in the right direction. :o

We bought waterproof trousers and coats and some ponchos!!!

Half the fun of the rain is getting the waterproofs on!!

We also use them on trips or visits to the "magic garden" because many of our children do not have the correct outdoor gear for wet or cold weather! We also got lots of wellies donated' so those whose parents didn't send any in or those who just didn't have wellies had some at nursery albeit perhaps in not quite the right size!!

I don't personally like the idea of a uniform across the board in nursery but in our nursery they can wear/ buy small sizes of the school uniform if they choose to!

I was concerned about the toileting issue when I bought all in one waterproofs. Going to the loo was an important part of the pre-woods routine and we haven't had any problems with children being 'caught short' and having an accident because they couldn't manage the suits.

Our children liked to climb trees though, and our suits did sustain damage by sharp twigs and so on, so if I were buying them again I'd make sure the material was strong as well as waterproof.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)