Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Do You Record/ Provide Evidence That Learning Is Chil D Led?

Last term we used a grid to record for different areas of learning when a child had aksed an adult for a resource to support their play, when an adult introduced a resource to support childrens play or to record that we thought a certain resource or activity would support learning and when possible it could be implimented.

I'm not sure how successful this was and am interested in hearing how everyone is achieving this.

Thanks

Hannan

Edited by honeybee1790

cant remember who it was on here Inge i think who does a tree...the leaves are the ideas that the children have (with names and date noted and then these are used for the planning ..when able..so this gives you a sort of bank of child led ideas...i'm going to copy this idea as i liked it so much :o

Any work that is adult led ie phonics, guided writing or number work is done in or stuck into books. Anything which they do in child initiated time which we call busy board time is stuck into large scrapboooks which they have each. We add photos/labels/sticky notes and observations so therefore the whole book is a record of their child initiated time so doesn't need to be labelled as such.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)