Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birthday Board

Hi everyone, for the last 3 or 4 years I've had colourful balloon shapes, one for each month, then put the children's faces (complete with party hats!) and the number on the appropriate month. I'm fed up of that idea now and want to do something different but my mind's blank. Please can you tell me how you do yours or any ideas you've got. Thankoo :o

I had a train going all along one wall, with an engine and twelve carriages, labelled with the months. We took head and shoulders photos of each of the children and placed them looking out of the windows of the carriages, with the day/date hanging beneath each face, like a necklace. I seem to remember we had pictures of the staff looking as if they were driving the train, ie placed on the engine!

we've done cakes with candles on them (one for each child)...we did a cake number line with this too with slices of battenburg/eclairs etc!

large clown with a spot on his costume for each month . Transport with birthday passengers. flowers appropriate to the month. sunflowers with the children names/pictures on the petals umm...i'll have a think about the other ones we've done :o

We have been toying witht the idea to have the board in 4 sections as if looking through a window, each section being a season of the year and decorated as such and then photographs of the children, say as the centre of a flower etc. with their birthdate printed on the petals etc.

Yay! I knew you'd come up with something! I like all the ideas but the train one would probably be popular with my class seen as they are all autistic and for some reason autistic kids seem to love trains! Thanks you two :o x

We have 12 flower pots one for each month. Just the cheap plastic ones cut in half and then taped to wall with wide bright tape. Each child makes their own flower with photo and date of birthday in the middle, it then gets 'planted' in the appropriate pot!

Aww so many brill ideas! I've gone with the train idea for this year but I'm sure other people will be enjoying the ideas too.

Here's my train, feel free to share if you like. I'm going to take pics of all the children to sit in each carriage and put a hat on them with the right number on it :o

Birthday_train.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)