Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Listening Area

Hi all,

I'm new to the site so forgive me if I'm npt using it correctly!

I'm in the process of setting up my classroom for September, I'm an NQT so this is my first ever class!

I'm just a bit stumped when it comes to the listening area, what activities do you normally have in this area?

I was thinking of a cd player with number/letter songs and rhymes but I feel these would be more suited to the maths/writing areas as they are not specifically focussing on listening skills?

Help! :o

Hello, a big welcome to the forum - and congratulations on your first teaching post!

You could have a sounds lotto CD and picture cards. I have a 'listening T.V. It's a large wooden box with front cut away and fixed on legs (kindly made by my husband!). A child sits behind it to give his/her news. I add a microphone and place chairs in front for the audience.

This could easily be adapted with a sturdy cardboard box. The audience also enjoy using the assortment of old remote controls. It's so funny to watch them pointing to the T.V. and saying 'turn it up - it's not loud enough ... we can't hear'! :o

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)