Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interesting, Funny, Profound

I often read 'quotes' at the bottom of your posts with interest. I am looking to update and expand the quotes on my parents' noticeboard. Does anyone have any other interesting, funny or profound quotes I could include? Some I use are:

'Coming together is the beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success'

Henry Ford

'The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances'

Martha Washington

'When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which opened for us'

W S Churchill

Any thoughts?

And can anyone tell me how to add a 'permanent' quote to the bottom of the page?

And another question! Emoticons - some have definite 'meanings' - like 'huh' :o , I only know because it says so! But, whilst I like using them, I don't know the 'accepted' meaning for them all - can anyone enlighten, and does it really 'matter'?! xD

Click 'my controls' in the blue strip above here, scroll down and click 'edit signature' and put your quote in there. xD

I think most people use the emoticons as they think they should be used, everyone has a slightly different interpretation of them I would think.

Quotes..I'll start looking, either that or strip the beds and its so warm already :o

Have you tried google?

Edited by Rea

i collect them as i go along and try to put themin a file so that i dont forget them! including some fromrecent posts here...i am going to try and attach my recent ones (fingers crossed haven't done this before)

Quote_of_the_week.docx

as for the emoticons...i just guess but i always laugh when i add more than one because the meaning suddenly changes so

:(:( might mean that i am in despair as to what i can do whereas :(xD means i've just given up being angry about it!! :o

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

The prime purpose of being four is to enjoy being four - of secondary importance is to prepare for being five. ~Jim Trelease, The Read-Aloud Handbook, 1985

Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~Author Unknown

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. ~John Ruskin

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. ~Kin Hubbard

Blimey, its quite addictive, I'll stop now. I got them from this site Quote Garden

The prime purpose of being four is to enjoy being four - of secondary importance is to prepare for being five. ~Jim Trelease, The Read-Aloud Handbook, 1985

I LOVE this one and wish I had used it in my repsonse to the EYFS consultation in relation to all the references to getting ready for school :o

I've learned that-

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou – American Civil Rights Activist 1928 -

I think I got this from this forum- someone's signature? I have it on the staff room wall - as a poster.