Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wee Bell!

i am trying to think of ways to deal with a delicate problem in september ! our new loos are down a bit of a corridor....i want to try to leave the children to be as independent as possible. At the moment the classroom is next to the loos and we can hear if someone calls us (we have 2 children with a medical condition who sometimes need help) ...do any of you have a calling system like a bell to call for staff if children need help.....how does it work?....is there an alternative? any ideas?

LOL! Sorry, no advice what so ever but love the 'wee bell' title and think it's a cracking idea! You could fit an intercom so you don't miss all those 'I've done a poo' cries! :o

I recall seeing something on teachers TV that might help.

The classroom had two teddies and a child going to the loo took a teddy then replaced it when they returned. It doesnt help with knowing who has gone but might give you the heads up that someone is there and then you can investigate.

It might take a bit of time to train the children though, and staff!

Edited by Rea

thanks moo and rea. Rea i have seen that clip before but i have to say got rather concerned that the teddy might not be very hygenic! :o but i agree we might be able to do something like that...i guess the complication is that we will be having free flow and the loo corridor is also the access to the outdoors so we would have to have a system that works 'both' ways too.

We used a baby monitor, I picked up a pair from a charity shop, it was one with lights, that lit up more lights the louder the noise so you didn't have to have the whole procedure boadcast during carpet times. Worked well as long as we recharged the batteries.