Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cnonfused About Crb's

We registered with capita to carry out crb checks and thought this was the correct way to be vetting all staff crb checks

We recently had a reshuffle at preschool the existing deputy wanted to step down so we appointed an existing member of staff to the position of deputy she complete the ey2 form, references and sent it off along with her crb which was returned saying as of 2008 OfSTED is responsible for crb checks and she would need to redo her crb

She was also sent the health declaration form which looking at it I've never done one either but I've been manager for 13+ years it's probably a more complicated version of some of the checks done years ago

I've had a look through other posts and wanted to clarify am I right in thinking OfSTED are referring to leadership Crb checks not all crb checks since 2008 I got a bit paranoid that the rules had changed and I'd not noticed!

Manager and committee need Ofsted financed CRB's, triggered by submission of EY2 from them and EY3 from setting.

All other staff need non Ofsted financed CRB's, such as one aranged thro capita or TMG. No need to inform Ofsted.

Edited by eyfs1966

We registered with capita to carry out crb checks and thought this was the correct way to be vetting all staff crb checks

We recently had a reshuffle at preschool the existing deputy wanted to step down so we appointed an existing member of staff to the position of deputy she complete the ey2 form, references and sent it off along with her crb which was returned saying as of 2008 OfSTED is responsible for crb checks and she would need to redo her crb

She was also sent the health declaration form which looking at it I've never done one either but I've been manager for 13+ years it's probably a more complicated version of some of the checks done years ago

I've had a look through other posts and wanted to clarify am I right in thinking OfSTED are referring to leadership Crb checks not all crb checks since 2008 I got a bit paranoid that the rules had changed and I'd not noticed!

just a reshuffle of staff and moving positions there is no need to tell anyone it is up to you to decide they are able to do the job and have any paperwork in place to show this on an inspection.. (maybe- at ours they never looked at it! )

Ofsted only want to know about the the manager or person in charge day to day , and the owner or committee . All the rest it is up to you to do , no need for any EY2 forms for them which is probably why they were sent back a you had sent one to Capita, all EY forms go via Ofsted not the CRB company you use, and Ofsted don't want to know about the deputy or below.

if you want to redo CRBs for existing staff I believe you have to pay for them after the initial one so we never redid them but had staff sign a declaration that their circumstances had not changed each year.

Deputies need to do an ey2 because they will be left in charge at least in emergencies, in my case the deputy is left in charge on a regular basis. OfSTED requested it last time we had a reshuffle and this time I asked the inspector and she said yes