Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Trackers Plus

Hi all

I went to visit a private day Nursery today to meet a child who is attending our Nursery in September. The teacher there gave us documents tracking the child's progress and one document was called Trackers Plus which I never seen before. Does anybody use it at the moment and is it good? Is it used instead of e-profile or as well as? We are using the e-profile at the moment in Nursery but i liked the look of the TRackers plus linking to the development matters. Also what are your children's learning journeys/story books like? I have seen a few examples and I dont know which format to use for the best. One today was full of pictures with the scale points achieved marked next to it with a brief description next to each photo. Every half term there was a child review sheet in the learning journey with a brief description of the child's achievements under each area of leanring. is this how you do it? and finally do you also keep files of evidence of children's work. Im confused what documents I am meant to have for each child.

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks Kate

I dont know what tracker plus is. . but will be googling it later because it sounds interesting!!

Our learning journey books have lots of photographs in them!

Examples of work, post it obs, next step slips, things children have brought in from outings with parents, first examples of writing or counting. Things relevant to that child. We mark them with the area of learning we are using them to show, but we are aware that some pics show lots of different areas of learning which is why our books are a chronological diary type document, rather than a book split into each learning area.

We use the books with 40 poly pockets already in them.

Next door in reception they use A4 folders with poly pockets.

The children love their books particularly as they see themselves change and grow over the course of their nursery stay with us.

The books are in the book corner for children and parents to access whenever they wish to.

At the back of our books is an A4 page which has the learning areas and a box under them and we write a date in when we have evidence to show for that area. This helps us have an overview of where evidence is mssing at a glance!

It has taken us a while to settle to a way of doing the books but we like them now!!

Good luck with yours!

I just had a quick peek. . . 120 page booklets do not sound great to me and then this time next year with a revised EYFS something different will need to be brought into place!!

See what you think but I didnt even get to look at the cost before I decided to look no further!!

Katie,

Are you sure you're using the e-profile in nursery? This is a document just for reception teachers to complete at the end of the reception year. Or perhaps this is what you call something else? :o

we use a tracker type assessment. (you can buy one from the company to have a look at it) we use this as our'learning journey'. We add 'initial profile from parents /photos/obs/stories/products etc from children. plus feedback to parents forms (which have childs opinions on also) which parents sign and return to us...all of this is then passed on to the school when they leave. I'm not good about having loads of different assessments etc so we just put it all in one.....works for us! (p.s. agree with previous postabout the e-profile it is intended for use in the childrens reception year only...our 'tracking' system has the profile points in it but only because i sometimes have reception children in the pre-school setting)

Hi Katie -

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at PRAMS yet, but here's a sample parents' report that can be generated very quickly for children when their progress tracking data has been entered. It's quite minimalist but gives a good snapshot of EYFS assessments plus any photos and additional observations that have been made.