Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ice Cream Parlour

please help im setting up a ice cream parlor in my roleplay area and would be greatful for some direction, ive downloaded the pack from sparklebox and brought all the ice cream and sprinkles ect, but im a bit ????????? i know the children are going to all want to play in the area and its going to get busy i just dont know what to focus on first, please help :o

Hi,

We did: an ice cream order form to encourage mark making

sandpaper made into cones

ice cream tubs with different coloured cotton wool balls for ice cream

empty ice cream sauce bottles

ice cream scoops

included a cash register and money

we limited it to 4 children at a time, but could you include a 'beach' area to allow more children to access the area?

I hope this helps!

We used a water tray full of heavily whisked bubbly washing up liquid water as icecream and then some plastic cones we made for the ice cream cones and used real sprinkles we got cheaply at tescos!

We had paper for orders, a till for paying. A menu for different flavours!!!

What fun!

I had the children make ice-creams (3/4 circle coloured and laminated for cone, fold round and staple/stick together. For the ice-cream use screwed up tissue paper and pva into place) and lollies (children made the shapes, cut and laminated then stuck with pva to a lolly stick) last year and they absolutely loved it - they were played with long after the rest of the role-play area was gone.

We made cones with stiff paper and tissue paper and lollipops too....great fun

Collect old yoghurt pots to make ice cream sundaes with cotton wool or tissue paper or fabric

get one of those ice lolly makers and freeze water to make lolly shapes (colour with food colouring) to play with in the water table or do science experiment let one lolly melt normally, put salt on one, put one in a sunny spot and one in a shaded spot and then monitor them over a time period to see which melts quickest...record on a chart for maths activity

make things out of the lolly sticks.....we made rafts and then floated them in the water tray with small world people on them....they don't last for ages if you do them with pva as that is washable and so eventually the joins fall apart. maybe use some elastic bands or if you have access to hammers pin them together with some sort of tacks (I know not all settings have woodwork stuff but just an idea)

Have fun :o

Hi - when we have had ice cream role play area I made playdough with yellow food colouring and put vanilla essence in (for vanilla ice cream!) & made pink playdough and put strawberry food flavouring in. I put it into old ice cream tubs. Some of the children were tempted to sample it but soon decided it was a bad idea when it tasted just like ordinary playdough!! : )

why we didnt do this sooner i will never know the children had such a fun time doing this and no to mention meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! doing it again tomorrow x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)