Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dinosaurs / Cars

Found these ideas tucked away on my laptop. I know I have some other bits and pieces tucked away somewhere, but my search is not finding them :(xD:o

Hope this is of some help.

Dinosaur_Land.doc

• 1 year later...

We made a great Dinosaur for the display wall, kids had a great time, we cut out a dinosaur then covered it with cornflakes, the following day the children painted it, it looked fantastic, mind you it was rainbow coloured!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas on dinosaurs - we do this every year and its always enjoyable but to have some new good songs is great and as for the cornflakes - love it - do you use pva and does the paint have to be quite thick?

Would love to try this but must make sure that they don't fall on the floor otherwise it will encourage the mice in. Once a year we have a visitor from outside and we have to deal with it before they become them - cornflakes I am sure would be very appealing to our furry friends. Unfortunately, when I want the children to be quiet I tell them that there is a family of mice living under the floor and when they are making lots of noise and running around it frightens the baby mice, to take this further I showed them a small hole by the radiator pipe and said this is where they live (well they dont before everyone rushes off and gets me closed down) but I now find that the children occasionally breaking up their biscuits and pushing them down the hole to feed the said imaginery mice. I asked for that one didn't I - so if we didn;t have any mice - I am sure we will soon and they will be very happy to have a small store of food ready and waiting for them!!!! Serves me right!!!!! Sorry I digress ...... so do they stay on well

Nikki

Thanks for all the dinosaur songs and ideas. I work with a boy who does nothing except walk around with a dinosaur in each hand growling at others. Now he'll have something better to do. :D

we have just decided to do dinosaurs and cars for autumn term topics, I've never done these topics before in much detail, anyone got any exciting ideas, would love to hear them....

Just thought you've not had many ideas about cars...so here are a couple, The wiggles sing a song called 'Toot toot chugga chugga big red car' which is good fun, you can listen to it online. There's also the Mr Gumpy stories. You could also use outdoor play cars and invit children to bring in own cars - do your own 'Top Gear for kids' . They could decorate a shoe box as a 'garage' to create a car showroom wall display too -staple boxes/lids to wall as display shelves

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)