Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which Policy To Include In Welcome Packs

hi i was just wondering which policy everyone puts in there welcome packs

i am just in the middle of trying to redo our packs for september

thanks

Hi Sammy123

I put all policies i feel are relevant to parents into the welcome pack, but we found that it was just too much paper going in so i've put the on disc and bought little clear plastic CD folders to put them in. Most parents are happy to have the policies in this form, but for the one who was not i printed them out.

It takes alot less time, paper and ink

Cheers

I dont put any in, far too many too print, too much paper and time needed. Parenst dont read them unless the are relevant to them and when I tried to put in just the 'important' ones I found I couldn't work out what was more important then others!!

So now I list them and tell parents they are strongly advised to read them in full and where they are available to read. We can also give out copies of wanted. I have never seen anyone looking through our policies file or been asked to print a copy.

I put a clause in my registration paperwork that parents have read the safeguarding and information sharing policies since parents have to know when we will share information about their child with and without their consent, and the specific steps we take to protect children. So I enclose both policies so that parents can read them before signing on the line.

hi i was just wondering which policy everyone puts in there welcome packs

i am just in the middle of trying to redo our packs for september

thanks

Hi Sammy123

I mention in our welcome pack that we adhere to a range of policies but I specifically mention safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality, diversity and SEN, I include a short statement about our obligation to safeguard children. But as others have said, I think putting them all in in full is a waste of paper, ink and time, so we have a policy file in reception for parents to browse through and I give each new parent and member of staff a computer disc with all the policies on.