Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fingertips Assessment Tool

Heard about this at a cluster meeting today. Nobody knows much about it. Its software made by Focus Education. Apparently saves 5 hrs a week in observations and learning journeys etc! From what I gather its software that you use on a mobile device to photograph, make observations towards ELG's etc.

Does anybody use it in their setting? Heard any good reviews? What do you think? Does it work? Or just a bit to 'techy'?

:o

a good friend of mine has one for her school and loves it. Apparently you have to buy a particular phone for the software to work on (sorry don't know which one) and then you can take a photo and annotate it on the touch screen and then at the end of the day you upload all the data and the data is sent to individual learning journeys on the system-thus saving all those hours sticking in photos and sorting sticky notes etc.

Have asked for one but there's no chance with the money we have or lack of it at the moment!

Deb

Hi there nadiaf.

As far as I know its just for recording the EY foundation stage profile, so are you in reception?

As its quite an expensive product, could you see if they do a free trail so you can actually try it out yourself before you decide you want to invest or not.

It wouldn't be my cup of tea, I prefer the 'old fashioned' way of actually having a physical learning diary and involving the children in assembling that, and as from the little I do know, it still requires you to actually write, just in a different way, so if you are able to try it out, you can see if it works well for you and your team.

I use my Qwerty keyboard phone camera to re-name images and observation is added to PRAMS. Easy peasy freezy. I am childminder so not the issue with lots of people using a phone - may be a data protection - issue but sure you could use any old camera phone without a sim card to do the same job. Also need to make sure Bluetooth switched off. Need to make short obs for each image, but a picture speaks a thousand words.

Honey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)