Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tidying Up

there's been a conversation about this recently (try a search) but at the moment we are using postman pat and fireman sam theme tune as they are about the right length and the children can anticipate the ending...they have to be back on the carpet by the end of the song and then rate if they have done well (thumbs up) ok (in the middle ) or not so well (thumbs down) if they do a thumbs down they get another chance to get it right ......can you tell we've had a problem with tidying up recently :o

We have used, Spoonful of Sugar, Hi ho Hi Ho it's off the work we go, and Whistle while you work. I also managed to record, 54321 thunderbirds are GO! Here come the Girls, or when there is a real children's favourite in the top 10 we would use that

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a tidy up song.

Thanks,

Ffydd

Hello

I remember a lovely song that my daughter use to sing (back in the dark ages!). It came from a Radio 4 pre-school programme (approx 1984). I cannot remember the name of the programme or the song, but the words are:

What shall we do today,

To keep the playground tidy? (could be substituted for playgroup, nursery, bedroom)

Come along, surprise me,

What'll we do today?

We'll pick up all the paper (again could be substituted)

That is lying on the ground,

And we'll put it very tidily away.

It was a lovely tune, too - but I can't help you with that (although I can 'hear it' in my head!). I think the character that sang the song was a witch. There was also another character called 'Cheeky Pip, the Microchip'!

I wish I could hear these programmes again, there would be so much material I could use with my nursery class!

Guest thebirdistheword

I use Jump, the Glee cover of a Van Halen song. Something about those first few notes makes them jump to attention and they love racing to be finished before the song is over. I'm probably far too lenient giving them a full length song to tidy up in rather than a children's song :o

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eagleeye

I have used different ones each year. The kids loved mission impossible, eye of the tiger and the final countdown. and we used different ones for PE - children had to be changed before the music stopped - we used Footloose and the boy does nothing. They all sing along and eye of the tiger was a favourite - with parents too!

Guest eagleeye

I have used different ones each year. The kids loved mission impossible, eye of the tiger and the final countdown. and we used different ones for PE - children had to be changed before the music stopped - we used Footloose and the boy does nothing. They all sing along and eye of the tiger was a favourite - with parents too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)