Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Task Pirates

i have an interview on weds for a permanent job. i have 20 mins to get stright into an activity with 6 fs 2 chn. it has to involve problems solving, thinking skills and speaking and listening. they're currently looking at pirates. any ideas?! it can be indoor or outdoor but i have to provide own materials if they are not what a school would normally have. please help!

Hi and welcome.

Good luck with your interview.

What do you like working with best? I am a greta fan of dough and would probably be thinking of an activity I could do with that.

Look at the end of year statements, what springs out that you focus on to fulfil this remit?

i was thinking of getting the chn to make a boat that will float out different materials or different shaped materials, e.g. plasticine, yoghurt pots, butter tubs, etc. then could extend it to adding 'treasure' how many can their boat hold before it sinks.

thanks 4 the ideas

could you extend that to ask them to design and make a boat strong enough to carry your little box of treasure to the other side of the water tray. You could take along a little box of 'treasure' - costume jewellery, scrunched up tinfoil, 5p pieces etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)