Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Scaffolding Learning - Questions Test....

mps09

Hi all,

I know this is a real long shot.... but hey.....

I'm studying E105 with Open University, and I have read so much that I just cannot think where I heard/read a quote about scaffolding children's learning.

It was something like... . "questions - test, but conversation teaches",

Does this sound familiar to anyone? and if so, where might I find it to reference it?

With lots of faith and finger crossed!! :o

MPS09

thank youi for your suggestions! they are very good but not what I was looking for in this instance.

This was something about a teacher, if you ask questions you are not scaffolding their learning, just testing what they already know, whereas if you discuss, and describe what you are doing, or just make statements about the play then the child will learn

This will teach me not to write it down when I read it!!!!

Thanks again.

]

Hi all,

I know this is a real long shot.... but hey.....

I'm studying E105 with Open University, and I have read so much that I just cannot think where I heard/read a quote about scaffolding children's learning.

It was something like... . "questions - test, but conversation teaches",

Does this sound familiar to anyone? and if so, where might I find it to reference it?

With lots of faith and finger crossed!! :o

MPS09

I'm going to start E105 in October xD

I presume you tried your OU forum already? I usually get good answers there.

If E105 is anything like E100 then you should be able to download an e-version of the module books. You can then use the 'Find' function (ctrl F) to search for key words.

Sorry if this is nothing knew to you, but so many of my fellow students didn't know this.

best of luck!

Titania

Well you will be delighted to read the following I think.

A lady called Gill a Speech and Language Therapist took the trouble to email me with the following information;

Whilst looking I saw a message on your forum notice board about scaffolding and ‘test questions versus conversation and learning. The person wanted to know where this came from. I would like to pass on that it is from the Hanen programme run by Speech and Language Therapists. Look it up on www.hanen.org

So I hope this helps you all and thanks to Gill for taking the time to email in.

Best wishes

Sue Admin Team

Hi, Had a quick look through but can't find that quote. Would like to thank you for link, I have several children in my Nursery class with S & L difficulties and got some useful tips!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)