Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children Attending 2 Session A Day

Hi all am i right in thinking that a child has to have 1 hour break between session? or can they do a morning session there parent/carer pick them up and bring them back half hour later for the afternoon session?

sammy

this all changed with eyfs... we used to have this but once eyfs came in and sessional care was sort of abolished we were able to have children all day but at the time did have to inform Ofsted of our change of timings... not sure if that is still the case...

back to back funding (2 x 2.5 hrs) was up to the LEA but ours allowed it so could claim 5 hours care in any day..

may depend on your registration so a call or email to Ofsted to check

this all changed with eyfs... we used to have this but once eyfs came in and sessional care was sort of abolished we were able to have children all day but at the time did have to inform Ofsted of our change of timings... not sure if that is still the case...

back to back funding (2 x 2.5 hrs) was up to the LEA but ours allowed it so could claim 5 hours care in any day..

may depend on your registration so a call or email to Ofsted to check

thank you does this apply if you are still doing sessional care and not full day care?

Hi

We are a sessional pre-school and 2 days a week we have sessions that run 9-12 and 12-3, parents have the option of their child staying for the full 6 hours. We are based in Essex and it hasn't been a problem as our contract with eary years allows us to claim up to 6 hours. Hope this helps.

Kris

Thanks for all the replys

the preschool i just left did 2 sessions with the options of staying all day. the children that stayed all day would have one hor between sessions as there lunch.

the pre school i have just moved 2 only do afternoon session on a wednesday. i was asked if one of the children could come in the morning and then return for the afternoon session which would only be half hour between them.

Hi intrigued Kris do you run a lunch club in the middle or are they two totally different groups of children that attend on the two sessions per day.

xD

We do have some children come in at 12, only half a dozen or so, the majority of children stay from the morning session. We all sit down at 12.15 for lunch, I remember when we decided to do this I questioned if we could run back to back and apparently as long as you can prove the lunch break is meeting the EYFS in some way it is ok to include in the funded time! There was a thread on this a while ok (which is where I got the idea of the back to back sessions) don't ask me to find it as wouldn't have a clue where to look!! :o

Kris

We have lunch during our funded sessions, it was the only way we could meet our 15 hour commitment and still fit in with school hours. Ofsted were fine with this when I had my suitable person's interview.

Is it still true that if you open all day instead of sessional, that you need to have a teacher/eyp in place?

or did I dream that? :o

I hope you dreamt it! We have opened all day for several years and do not have a teacher or EYP in place. We were inspected in March this year and Mrs O was impressed with level of staff qualifications (varies from degree to training for level 2 and lots in between!) She actually 'recognised' my BA(Hons) in Early Years as a level 6 qualification, which of course it is but not in the eyes of the CWDC xD

There was a government target for every full daycare setting to employ an EYP/teacher by 2015. (although how they are supposed to fund it on the amount they pay each setting is anyone's guess... !)

no idea if this is still the target or if this is changing...

Edited by Inge