Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Garden Centre Ideas Please

Guest lou73

Guest lou73

Hi,

Next term in our role play area we are setting up a role play garden centre with in our large, busy nursery. I just want to see if anyone can think of some lovely ideas we so far have

A little cafe planned with a menu and resources,

A fish tank

A till and items to buy - children making flowers next week i.e. flowers

Plant pots and towels ect

any ideas would be great.

lou X

What about packets of seeds, could be real, or envelopes with pictures drawn on or cut out of magazines. Could

be pictures of strange things to grow made up by the children. Could the children make bird cake to sell and then put it out for the birds in the garden?

well if my local garden centre is to go by you could put out anything.... they have....

pet shop

aquarium

coffee shop

garden equipment supplies

barbeque area

indoor plants

out door plants

trees

pots and fountains

bags of compost/sand/gravel etc

furniture for sale

wellies

outdoor clothes

seeds

products for the garden

gifts

cards

books

sweets

drinks

ice creams

fencing

canes

toys

oh and

greenhouses and conservatories

and a car wash outside

as well as loads of trolleys/baskets/low load trolleys/little tikes car trolleys/wheelchairs

just thought this might give you a few ideas! :(xD:o

I had a Garden Centre last year and couldn't get the children out!

I bought a cheap plastic greenhouse (walk in one) for about £20. Inside I bought some plastic flowers (the 'silk' ones) cut them off the stems so we had lots of individual ones, had some hanging basket 'moss', some pots, tools, catalogues from the diy stores, garden toy, seed and furniture manufacturers, empty seed packets, blank seed packets, garden designs, florists. The children loved it and although the 'greenhouse' took a bit of a battering, it was worth it!

We to have done a garden centre and put pots of varying sizes, seed packets, silk flowers( with the little cards from local florist) ribbons and sellophane the children made bouquets , gardening magazines, printed from sparkle box the plant life cyle stuff and laminated,

We if the floor is covered you can put the tuff spot with some compost and buy some cheap plants ie primroses etc for the children to plant, child sized gardening tools and gloves,

Our children loved it kept them amused for ages.

• 4 weeks later...
We if the floor is covered you can put the tuff spot with some compost and buy some cheap plants ie primroses etc for the children to plant, child sized gardening tools and gloves,

We are doing the Garden Centre in a couple of weeks, one member of staff seems to think that we shouldn't let children play in compost, not particulary H&S, but she thought she'd read somewhere that children shouldn't play with it - has anybody else heard this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)