Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Is The Difference

Can any body explain what the difference is between a child protection policy and a safeguarding policy? I've been told that we have to have both but I'm struggling to come up with a safeguarding policy that isn't just a repeat of the child protection. Anyone got a sample please?

Child protection is about protection children from abuse....

Safguarding is child protection as well as safety, health, wellbeing, security, supporting children's rights, educating and empowering children to protect themselves and keep themselves safe.

The PSLA suggested policies use Safeguarding as a 'section' and within that there are the following policies:-

1.1 Children’s Rights and Entitlements

1.2 Safeguarding Children and Child Protection

1.3 Looked after Children

1.4 Confidentiality and client access to records

1.5 Information Sharing

1.6 Uncollected Children

1.7 Missing Child

1.8 Supervision of Children on outings and visits

1.9 Maintaining children’s safety and security on premises

1.10 Making a complaint

1.11 Valuing Diversity and promoting equality

1.12 Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs

1.13 Achieving Positive Behaviour

1.14 Animals in the Setting

1.15 Administering Medicines

1.16 Managing children with Allergies, or who are sick or infectious

1.17 Nappy Changing

1.18 No Smoking

1.19 Food and Drink

1.20 First Aid

Hope that helps. You might find that you already have safeguarding - but it 'hidden' within all the other policies!

Thank you.

So what I really need is a statement that says something like Children have a right to...... x Preschool supports that right with the following policies.

Thank you.

So what I really need is a statement that says something like Children have a right to...... x Preschool supports that right with the following policies.

This is what ours says....

The provider must take necessary steps to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The provider must promote the good health of the children, take necessary steps to prevent the spread of infection and take appropriate action when they are ill. Children’s behaviour must be managed effectively and in a manner appropriate for their stage of development and particular individual needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)