Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Topping Up An Old Qualification

A colleague has the old Preschool Playgroups Association Foundation course parts A and B which used to be all that was required for a leader ie considered level 3 equivalent. (approx 1988) However it does not exist on the CWDC website so is clearly not now considered full and relevant. We are trying to find out whether it is possible to top it up, credit the prior learning or whether she effectivly has to start again. I'm sure there will be someone here who knows.

My gut feeling is that this is such an old qualification that they're likely to have to start again, but there may be APEL opportunities. I've just looked at the database and there's a number to call for advice:-

0300 123 1033 (open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm)

this one has not been relevant for a while now... I was one who had it and was told by Ofsted 10 years ago now that it was not enough.. at the time they allowed me to continue but had to have an action plan in place to show how I was going to recitfy this... only way was to do an NVQ3 - did see if the PLA diploma would allow me to do a top up style thing but it was a case of re3doing the whole thing.. which was 18months and assignments.. not what is needed for experienced leader...

I went to college and did NVQ3 and as I was so experienced managed to complete it al in 6 months, easily...

I believe there are now some ways of doing this without college but just having an assessor come into the setting but not sure where or how to find out.. I think there is someone on the forum who has mentioned this way before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)