Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Don't ask why, but I have about 5,000 plastic sandwich boxes - the triangular ones you buy your sandwiches in at shops.

Now - what do you make of that? I have a few ideas but what might you make of them?

If you're in the north east you're welcome to some if you want.

Honey

Idea stolen from the world wide web;

A great way to illustrate what a triangle is for preschool children is to use triangle-shaped sandwiches as the medium for their art project. Teachers (or parents) can make a child's favorite sandwich and then cut it into triangles using a knife. Then, preschool kids can take pictures of their triangle sandwiches using a digital camera or children's camera. Pictures of the sandwich triangles can be cut up with age-appropriate, blunt scissors and arranged on a large poster.

The teacher can specify how to arrange the triangles. For example, preschoolers can arrange triangle sandwich pictures on a poster board or bulletin board to look like a beautiful buffet display. Or they can arrange triangles to make larger triangles, rectangles or squares. Preschoolers can also use triangles to form butterflies, flowers or fish in a sea.

what about a fundraing idea...how many things can you get in the box? or give everyone a box and give a prize to the one who comes up with the most inventive use or funniest or daft or brightly coloured or......... :( you get the idea xD then offer the rest to your lea for them to pass on so that others can do the same...you could start a trend :o

We inherited something similar from a parent - they were very useful for sending our in-school baking efforts home, and also at cake sales for packing biscuits into rather than plastic bags. They kept us going for a year or so - 5000 would probably see me into retirement though!

Would they make windmill sails?

Mary

Windmill Sails?!! Brill. Wonder if they'd catch the wind like a kite? Love the fund raising ideas Might pass some on to the local playgroup to let them have a go (I'm childminder). Offer still stands for anyone who wants some.

H

I'd leave some out for the kids to come up with ideas of what to do with them, I bet they'll come up with more creative uses than any of us could think of!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)