Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Strong Cupboards

I work in a community hall where we share our space with many others. Our cupboards get moved around from one area to the other and destroyed eithers lumps taken out of sides or locks tampered with.

I am looking for some wooden cupboards with doors that lock and very strong wheels and can hold a fair bit of stock.

I have been open for 8 years and already had to purchase 4 cupboards to replace the ones I have.

Does anyone know of a carpenter?????/

Twinkle

any one please. we are a pack away nursery everything gets stored away in the cupboards and these are destroyed if I get a carpenter to make some hardwearing ones perhaps they will last a little longer.

please help someone :o

us there a reason why the cupboards get moved.. is it needed that they are..

we had some in a shared hall but they stayed in one place.. so we had metal ones.. we had a break in once and only one of them was opened.. there are some which are recommended as 'break in proof' Bisley springs to mind as a make we were recommended as being stronger.. but they were not the cheapest to buy.. we had one for the more sensitive materials and other metal ones for the rest.. but they were very heavy and unable to be moved once full..

Because the hall is used for various things - they are moved out of the hall therefore need to be mobil do you have a link for these cupboards1

Good idea of asking parents though I will try this too.

Thanks

Bisley cabinet

we negotiated to have them along one wall as they did not intrude too much this was Ok, and ended up sourcing them for 2 other groups who could then have their own storage along the wall - as they were all the same or similar this was not an issue..

we had the Bisley one for the more sensitive material and found cheaper ones from the same company for the toys and other stuff..

Did take a bit of negotiating, but found that they were helpful once we explained why and that it would not take up too much space...the hall was in use by other groups every evening and both days over the weekend.

It was the only way we had of keeping some of the items safe, we did have an 'Aladdins Cave' cupboard but we had several break ins to the hall and each time they managed to get in to it...

what size? low ones are available from places like Morleys Most come with heavy duty castors , and some have lockable doors.. we had one with trays in it and castors were really good, it moved easily and lasted us a long time.

Not sure how good the locks are as we had one without... found that by letting it open it was left alone... but we had nothing valuable in it... in our case it was the lock which caused them to think it worth breaking into! Once they knew it was only bits of paper, and old stuff they never bothered with it.

I need heavy duty ones as they just do not last we did have some from morleys as they are made from chipboard they just collaps after a knock.