Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Sacks

you can try here but they are very expensive- could you get a group of parents together to make your own? Also look on ebay as there are people (presumably who work in the EY :o ) who do them too and you could get ideas from there

good luck and have fun

http://www.storysack.com/

p.s. neil griffiths has also written a Maths through Stories book for Featherstone (little book of series)

When I was at Uni one of my friends was in the orginal story sacks schools and it did start off as parents making the sacks. I had a brochure for story sacks recently and yes - HOW MUCH?! was my response. I make my own versions using role play masks, soft character toys and puppets to suit the stories. Thankfully my sister has a shop and I am a very proud owner of a very lovely Gruffallo and characters for a nice family discount. Now that sounds a nice money earner for the holidays...

I was lucky enough to do a workshop with Neil Griffiths.. it was very inspiring..( and he gave us a book on how to make them ourselves... was a while ago now so they no longer make this..)

All we did was buy some sacks or I made them and a book we wanted to use.. then we sat down and discussed or worked out what we could have in a sack , listing the items ... items form the story, a game to do with it, a rhyme or songsheet... and sourced the items ourselves... or asked parents to volunteer to have a sack and see what items they could get for them... many used the list others added items they felt appropriate... one even came back with knitted dolls of the characters

depends on the use you want .. for use in setting or for parents to use as well.. which was harder as we had to write a page for each saying how to use them and how this helped the children...

One local school did this and ended up with 100 of them, which parents could borrow and covered all year groups... very popular.. as they wore out they asked for more to help refurbish or help with new ones..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)