Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rental Of Premises

I know there have been other posts regarding the cost of hiring premises, but if possible, I would like to dig just a little bit deeper...

I may have the possibility of renting a scout hut for the use of a 'pack away' pre school/day nursery (been searching for premises for over a year!).

Although it has a great outside space, the hut itself is pretty basic, and would need lots of extra touches during set up each day to make it feel homely.

Also, there are only two toilets which I understand means the maximum children I could accommodate each day would be 20.

Would anyone be willing to let me know what they pay to rent their premises and also state what sort of premises, i.e. purpose built, church hall, scout hut etc. And... importantly, how many children they are registered for ?

Hi

We are packaway in a church hall and pay £5.00 per session (9.30-12.30) which I know is fab, we don't pay for any extras.

Ofsted registered us for 30 but we never go above 23 as we feel that their isn't enough room when all 30 are in.

We have 3 toilets and 3 wash basins, although they are adult height which can be a bit of a pain, as it means an adult always has to be with them because of the climbing aspect, I would love to have a child height toilet and sink so I could promote a little bit more independance for our 4 year olds.

Hi, we are in a village hall, nice big open space, we are semi packaway (only have to do full packaway when function on in hall).

I just measured this week because we were thinking of increasing our registration, however although we in theory have space (2.3/2.5 sq m per 2/3 year old child) for 31, we decided not to go above the 24 we are currently registered for.

We have 3 girls toilets and 1 boys (although the boys can use the girls if it's busy).

We pay £11 per session from 9-1.30. That includes electric, etc. and cleaning.

Hi

I rent a school classroom/garden/carpark and pay £20 a morning 9-12 and £15 an afternoon 12-3, this is all inclusive other than toilet paper, soap etc. We are registered for 26.

My previous setting was in a scout hut and was regsitered for 26 and they paid £15 per session.

Kris

being a charity and in a church hall the rent is greatly reduced to £100.00 per week, to include electric and gas and toilet paper.. ...normal rent for anyone else who is not a charity is £5.00 per hour...

does not include telephone, cleaner , cleaning materials etc.. which all adds to the cost, adding about another £50.00 per week as we employ a cleaner an hour a day..

20 children at any one time.. ( only 2 toilets so 10 children per toilet available, adult sized and we do allow children independence to go alone, steps etc all provided and they manage very well)

open from 9 to 3 pm... they have added an OSC which they also negotiated a small rent increase for..

we have fenced outdoor space negotiated so do not pay extra for this which I know some do, we have to maintain it .

also semi packaway.. can leave some out around the walls but most is away everyday.