Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ring Ofsted?

sunnyday

Thanks all for your responses.......always good to know that others share the same frustration!

Isn't funny how things turn out - we had a really 'difficult' session today - the first for ages - and I found myself thinking 'thank heavens Ofsted didn't come today'!!! :(:o

I have decided that I will def. not be ringing them - I will continue to wait 'patiently'! xD

Hope that everyone who is waiting gets a visit soon! :(

We got ours today and I'm really glad it's done now. We were overdue since Nov 2007 if that means anything and we didn't have our best day ever. Now if they had come yesterday....! Anyway the inspector apologised for only staying two hours (!) and said they were under pressure to get targets met re the number of inspections done and signed off before the end of the financial year. I had started to toy with the idea of ringing them after you started this thread but decision made for me I think!

We got ours today and I'm really glad it's done now. We were overdue since Nov 2007 if that means anything and we didn't have our best day ever. Now if they had come yesterday....! Anyway the inspector apologised for only staying two hours (!) and said they were under pressure to get targets met re the number of inspections done and signed off before the end of the financial year. I had started to toy with the idea of ringing them after you started this thread but decision made for me I think!

Oh Holly - thank you....that's interesting! Only 2 hours - wonderful! :o

2 hours wasn't wonderful! It takes me 2 hours just to start explaining what we do :o Although on the plus side I will sleep tonight as I won't be worrying about what I need to show/tell her tomorrow!

Oh and I never did get the SEF finished! I started my own version and she said we had obviously put a lot of work into it, should finish it completely and use that if we prefer it even if we can't upload it all onto their system. I will be making sure a copy is there for the future for the next inspector to take away with her to crib from too.

Edited by Guest

Holly35 I may be going mad but do you mean you have were due to be inspected Nov 2007 or was that when you were last done?

2 hours wasn't wonderful! It takes me 2 hours just to start explaining what we do :o Although on the plus side I will sleep tonight as I won't be worrying about what I need to show/tell her tomorrow!

Oh and I never did get the SEF finished! I started my own version and she said we had obviously put a lot of work into it, should finish it completely and use that if we prefer it even if we can't upload it all onto their system. I will be making sure a copy is there for the future for the next inspector to take away with her to crib from too.

Hi Holly - I actually logged back on to say that I had re-thought the '2 hours how wonderful' comment......so 2 hours included feedback? That's madness really......

It was another half hour for the feedback roughly. She said if we had been open all day she would have stayed longer but that they are not allowed to come back on a subsequent day for some reason. In the past the inspector always came one day, took some papers away to study and came back the next day to tidy up loose ends.

It was another half hour for the feedback roughly. She said if we had been open all day she would have stayed longer but that they are not allowed to come back on a subsequent day for some reason. In the past the inspector always came one day, took some papers away to study and came back the next day to tidy up loose ends.

Thanks Holly......

A setting local to us was inspected yesterday and their inspection was only 2 hours too - apparently that is all they are allocated now since they changed to Tribal and (???? forgot!!) and because of the huge backlog that they have.

:o Crikey!

My thoughts too, I would be gutted if they did a rushed job and didn't see all the stuff we've worked so hard on!

Re. the SEF, I gave up using the online version as it is very hard to view and use, so I cut and pasted what I had written into a word doc.

I checked by phoning and they are fine for you to email them a copy of this. I am going to be updating and emailing it monthly until they visit :o

we had ours yesterday, it was due June 2010.

We were lulled into the normal false sense of security as she hadn't arrived by 9.....

9.30 door bell goes :o

Anyway, lovely lady, from tribal, she was with us 6hrs, including feed back.

we are sessional, so she was there for both AM and PM sessions.

Chicken

said they were under pressure to get targets met re the number of inspections done and signed off before the end of the financial year.

That explains the phone call from Prospects (on behalf of Ofsted) checking that I'm currently minding.... I'll expect them before the end of the month then :o

On the bright side though.... 2 hours!! FAB - my last Inspection in Nov 2007 lasted 4.5 hours xD I was beginning to think I'd have to set another place at the tea table !!

Nona