Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb Checks

Hi all

Well School Club now use Capita online which are brilliant as so much faster than the old way.

My question is as a charity do we pay for CRB checks or are they done free? I thought we paid but we have yet to reeive invoice. My supervisor at pre-school says that they dont pay for us as staff.

Anyone clear this up for me?

Pus, would you CRB young gorl of 16 yrs who wants to come in for 1 hour per week as part of Duke of Edinburgh. I think so long as she is never left alone etc etc? What do you think?

I am about to do capita online so that's very reassuring! We are a charity run preschool but still have to pay for staff......although having briefly read the online briefs at capita I was left confused!

As for your student, in our policy it says something like we trust the organisations (school etc) to vouch for young people, I think that as long as they are not included in ratio or left alone your ok but maybe call OFSTED and check? If you do, let us know!!!

The 16 year olds we have from local secondary schools are classed as children so you wouldnt need to CRB. The last safeguarding day I attended reminded us that as children they would be covered by our safeguarding policy too.

We have two adult volunteers at the moment. I asked Ofsted if we need to do CRBs and was told its not a requirement just recommended, but as they only do 1 and 2 sessions respectively and are always supervised we arent going to.

CRBs are free to committee and new staff, I think we pay only if we choose to have CRB redone 3 yearly because there is no requirement to do so.

Hi Ofsted always did in the past as our governing body, but on the last CRBS done in the last two weeks for Committee members it did imply a possible cost, have had six cleared and so far and as yet no bill. Will keep you posted. Have to say this would have a huge impact if we did have to pay, we had 15 members this year and with eleven of them being new members this wcould be very costly to us annually.

My understanding was that a first CRB for staff /volunteers etc in a setting are paid for 'on account' I assume it's OFSTED that foots the bill , and the three yearly renewals for existing staff if you choose to do them are paid for by the setting. :o