Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dawn Chorus Day

mundia

Oh dear what a shame only just found Mundia's message and so I missed the dawn chorus day - how sad is that!!!! so looking forward to getting up with the birds!! Hope you enjoyed the peace and quiet Mundia. Remind me next year.

Nikki

At 2.30 this morning I was woken by a thunder storm, jsut trying to get back to sleep and a bird outside my window started his own dawn chorus. At 3.55 I gave up sleep and went downstairs for toast and coffee. Back in bed at 5.10 and all the birds in the neighbourhood had joined the first bird. Very pretty mundia, but I was tempted by that time to get the cat :o

oh Rea, thats been good for a chuckle :o !

Nikki, you were too early not too late! Do you get peace and quiet in the Dawn chorus? Doesnt sound as if you do from Rea's perspective! xD

hope it was a good one, mundia. Im afraid I wasnt up and about as early as that but theres glorious sunshine and lots of tweeting birds here, now!

If you're lucky enough to have a garden round the house and it's a mild night, leave the window open and let the dawn chorus wake you up. I'm like Mundia I love it - not just today any day will do. When you know the songs and who's singing it's not just a noise any more. I don't mind being sad/wierd about this! :o

On bright days I walk to school with my daughter who's in year 4, she likes looking at the birds and is beginning to be interested in their song. So we do a bird count on the way to school, she likes guessing how many different species we'll hear on the way before we set off. We generally get 12-15 and she can now identify a few by song herself!

Angela

wonderful Angela. have you ever noticed how the tiny wren manages to make so much noise. They make me laugh constantly when they are warbling away in my neighbours conifers.

Wrens and blue tits Mundia! Why is it the smallest birds seem to make the most noise???

I love being on holiday in the countryside for early morning wake up calls. And seeing all the birds we don't either get here living in the suburbs of a large city or if they are about we don't get the opportunity to see them. Apparently work has had to stop on the refurbishment of one of the buildings in Manchester city centre as a pair of peregrine falcons are nesting there!

Linda