Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Up In The Sky

Hi All,

So here I am again, two weeks into this half term and I'm starting to think about planning the next (both of which we've totally re-written all the planning for).

We've done Under the Sea this half term, and when I asked for any advice, the response was fantabulous, so basically, I was just wondering if anyone has done/is doing 'Up in the Sky' as a topic and knows things which work really well, or any good books to use.

Thanks in advance ~ Paul

Hmm. :o

Paul, that's one topic I don't recollect being discussed before! I could be wrong of course, and I'm sure one of the more attentive people here will be delighted to correct me if it has been...

But if not, it sounds like an excellent subject for suggestions and discussion! :)

Quick replies all round Paul!

Re the clock - you should be able to sort it out by going to 'My Controls' then selecting 'Board Settings' and checking the 'Daylight Saving Time' box. If you've got GMT selected, it should then show the correct time! :)

The closest we came to this was transport, planes, hot air balloons. But I love the idea of going outside to lie on the grass and look at clouds, I actually used to know the names! The only story I can think of at the moment is the one about the sun and the wind, who had an argument about who was the strongest. The moon got fed up with them and told them to think of contest. They decide to see who can make the man below them take off his coat. The wind blows and blows but the man holds tighter to his coat. The sun has a go and shines hotter and hotter until the man takes off the coat. Hellium balloons would be good. :D

Hi!

We do this as part of 'Land, sea and space', so it may be a bit different to the approach you want. We've usually been looking at various aspects such as travel, inhabitants etc... I'd personally like them separate, but, hey!!

There are some great books around, one new to me is "Someone Bigger", about a boy who wants to fly his kite but dad says he's not big enough.....!

Author eludes me!

Will check out past planning when back at work - next Tues and will TRY to remember to get back to you

Apologies to anyone else who has had that reassurance xD and to you in advance, in case. My life is currently ultra-manic!!!

Sue :o

You could do something about the moon and the planets. Even the way the earth travels round the sun etc etc.

Aerodynamics? You can make a rocket with a balloon pump and a 2l lemonade bottle--- but too tired to remember how now! :o

have fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)