Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registering Caf

Edit by Steve: The starter post in this discussion is no longer available in its original form. I have copied it below so that the following posts still make sense - Kristina's was the first reply:

I have very recently discovered that we now have to raise a CAF and register it with CAFpoint (having checked there isn't one already registered) and that two people from each setting must be registered with CAFpoint.

I believed that if a child had additional needs and these were being met through an IEP whether at Early Years Action or Early Years Action plus there was no necessity to complete a CAF but this is no longer the case.

On a recent IDP training this came up in conversation. Guidance has changed and if we write an IEP then we have to raise a CAF if there isn't already one in place.

JUst wonder if anyone know when this changed and whether it is a nationwide directive or just local to my area?

Hi

I'm in Essex and have just had to complete a CAFPoint registration form as we have have a child with an IEP and on Action Plus.

I have sent the form off and now I have been told we have to wait until we are appointed a CAFPoint?!

Kris

Well I've not heard of this in out LA but that's probably because they forgot to tell us! My manager is doing our local SNCO training at the moment so I will see if she comes back with any information on this too. Have you been told if this is a national project?

WE certainly haven't been aware of this in our parts. Te guidance still refers to 'unmet' needs, and this is till what we are working with.

Sometimes some LAs do move more quickly than others on certain things, Geraldine, or Kristina, do you have a link for this updated info at all?

My understanding of CAF is that it is for children who are in danger of not meeting 2 or more ECM outcomes - the vast majority of children with IEPs will meet all 5 outcomes.

Hi there!

I'm with mundia, lolo and holly here - I thought if IEP was meeting needs no CAF necessary! If anyone can provide a link I'd be VERY grateful!! Nothing been said so far by our LA.

Sue

WE certainly haven't been aware of this in our parts. Te guidance still refers to 'unmet' needs, and this is till what we are working with.

Sometimes some LAs do move more quickly than others on certain things, Geraldine, or Kristina, do you have a link for this updated info at all?

Afraid I can't add a link either our area senco gave me the form to fill in and send off as we are in process of completing a caf form for a child.

Kris

Nothing like this in our LA, sounds like a cross between CAF and Contact Point but thought this had been scrapped for now???

Certainly shouldn't be completing a CAF unless the threshold for intervention is higher than can be met through EYA or Plus and lower than that required to meet the SS intervention threshold! Hope it's not all about to change again,,,,GRRRRR!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)