Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed Urgently

I have been asked by the SLT to do a short presentation on EYFS Profile and the progress of the children in the nursery for Thursday. Anyone have any ideas what I could do as I was only emailed this afternoon about it and I have no idea where to start (I dont work Fridays so havent been able to speak to anyone at achool). Sorry if I have put it in the wrong place.

Thanks

How 'short' is it to be?

Who is the audience?

Maybe present it from the childrens viewpoint?

This research publication on the EYFS may be useful for ideas HERE

Peggy

That sounds a good plan, Peggy.

I'm sure it was Maz who uploaded a powerpoint presentation about EYFS a few years back - might that be any good?

Failing that, give us some more info and I'm sure we'll come up with something

Are you responsible for Reception class too? If not, you won't be using the EYFS profile will you? Or do you call your normal records a profile too?

I assume you are in a school nursery and will have your own assessments, maybe against the Development Matters stages? In which case they will probably want to know a) when and how you are assessing children :o where they are on entry to your nursery and c) where they are on transition into reception. They will be interested in the percentages of children at age expectation, percentage below etc. This will show the progress through nursery and also give a baseline for reception. You should look at gender differences too, and if relevant for you, achievement of other groups such as children from minority ethnic groups.

They will want to know about any aspects where achievement is high/low. And if you have it available, the trend over several years is useful. If you use anything else, such as a language record, that would be good too.

If they want you to look at EYFS profile, are they wanting you to compare this year's Reception cohort's EYFSP outcomes with their past nursery outcomes or something? If not, you might just need to show how DM feeds into the profile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)