Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Bag Cards And Info

Hello.

we are going to set up book bags for the 4 year olds. I want to include a card, hopefully a different card each week, with advice for parents, suggestions on questions to ask, etc

Before I start I thought I might be able to save time (!) by seeing if anyone already has anything like this they could share??

Many thanks for any help

x

Do you mean storysacks? And the questions and suggestions, is that to do with the book the children have chosen to take home?

Our children choose a library book each week, and some choose the same one for a few weeks running and parents do comment, but I say the book is their choice and if they are enjoying that book, then why shouldn't they choose it again, we do point out to the children that there are many others they can choose to take.

I haven't put anything in all the books we have, but when there has been activities printed in NW or EYE, I do photocopy them and stick them into the front cover.

Edited by Panders

Do you mean storysacks? And the questions and suggestions, is that to do with the book the children have chosen to take home?

Sorry was typing in a hurry before, no I mean books taken home. Rather than just send the book home I wanted to send some info, my thinking is to have a card with for example;

Book Handling Skills

* start the book from the last page, ask your child if this is right.

* ask your child to turn the pages

* at the end of the story ask your child to store the book safely ready to return to school

Thats just an idea, needs some more work! Each week the child would have a different card, could have the same book if they wish. There will also be a note book for parents to put notes and comments in.

What do you think??? any suggestions for other learning intentions???

Thanks

my thoughts... being a bit practical here..

1 card a week for each child..

so this will equate to up to 38 different cards needed x the number of children (or even 30 weeks x 10 of each) a lot of work.. and I do wonder how many parents will actually read or use them or totally ignore them.

If not already given to parents I would make a leaflet around the importance of reading to children and the benefits they get at this age.. etc.. there are some to be found here which may help..

Last year when I was in nursery one of the first things we did was decorate a book mark with sequins for their library take home books. They had a duel purpose. The child's name was on the top to help us with changing but on the back were notes to parents :o We laminated them and the children loved them and treasured them. I attach the notes to parents on back of the bookmarks .4 bookmarks per page photocopied onto coloured card. I tried to make it in language our parents would understand. I may have got some of the phrases or idea from here but can't remember. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)