Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Gruffalo

just wanted to share this with you all.....

We are looking at the Gruffalo at the moment, and this morning I read the book to the group, one child aged 4 followed along with me almost word for word (not heard her do this before!) and was magically entralled by the story, afterwards looking at the book and pointing out everything in the pictures. She later painted a fab picture of the gruffalo using all the correct colours!

At home time, I called her mum in to show her the picture and told her how excited her child had been about the Gruffalo and asked whether they had read the story at home..... mum looked very confused until I showed her the Gruffalo in the book, then she said "oh, I didn't realise it was a book - we've got the video of it".

The child's interest in the book was truly amazing, and one I can't wait to build on again tomorrow!

:o:(xD:(

Amazing!

Though sad that the mother didn't know it by name!

As a child I learnt Roald Dahl's Dirty Beats from the video - when I later received the book, I could read the poems with all the accents and was so thrilled that I was narrating a book as it was widely known.

It's very exciting when you see such enthusiasm in a little one!

Edit: Although saying that, I don't like the way that The Gruffalo isn't narrated as I do it!

Edited by Guest

It's a play/musical too - take your kids if you get the chance, it's great!

Can you loan them your copy of the book once you've finished the topic?

Same thing happened to me, longest running topic two weeks gone on to The Gruffalo's Child this week but all started from reading the story and helped by being on at Christmas i've got ot on i player now for future years. We went on a Gruffalo character hunt last week Enjoy !!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)