Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Applying For New Position

fimbo

i have decided to look around for a new position following on from the problems i have experienced over the past 4 months,

how will i answer the inevitable ' why have you decided to leave your current post' question ??

i dont want to lie - as i know that pre schools in my area tend to all kind of know each other, but i dont want to come across as 'anti commitee' -as im not. i also dont want to be seen as a moaner or a difficult employee. i also dont want to really want to go into the problems i have specifically had -as i dont want to be a gossip.

how will i let them know the reason i am leaving is due mainly to the commitee issues, without actually saying that ??

and how can i stop myself feeling so blummin nervous lol !!! :o

Been there! Kept finding myself saying I wanted a change. Thankfully at the time I was moving house and it was the end of the year so that helped. But unfortunately I never found the right thing to say and it was always an awkward part on application forms or interviews. I once said that I didn't find that the current committee supported me, which was true, but it does sound a bit anti committee. I also mentioned that my previous 2 committees were great to try and sound positive.

Not much help I'm afraid!

Hopefully some wise soul will be more use than me!

Good luck fimbo

ppp

Is the new job a committee run post? If it is you might want to be honest, just in case you are going from the frying pan into the fire!!

I think it depends on how long you've been there. If it's a while, you could justifiably say that you are looking for a new challenge.

We're just interviewing at the moment, and you do wonder why people are leaving their previous post. Personally I prefer honesty and would understand if someone had an unsupportive committee why they might want to leave.