Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E215

Hi there,

Hoping somebody can help me. I am resubmitting quite a bit of my evidence that I used for E115 as I work as a nanny I don't get that many pieces of good evidence and what I do have is within the 2 year time period. My question is to I have to redo the evidence cover sheets in my PEF? Also I have noticed that the ECA is broken down into where you get your marks and it is

EYCLO's 0%

part 2 45 %

part 3 55%

Why bother updating if you are only going to get marks if it is filled in correctly with at least one bit of current evidence in each section??

Thanks

Rapunzel

Hi there,

Hoping somebody can help me. I am resubmitting quite a bit of my evidence that I used for E115 as I work as a nanny I don't get that many pieces of good evidence and what I do have is within the 2 year time period. My question is to I have to redo the evidence cover sheets in my PEF? Also I have noticed that the ECA is broken down into where you get your marks and it is

EYCLO's 0%

part 2 45 %

part 3 55%

Why bother updating if you are only going to get marks if it is filled in correctly with at least one bit of current evidence in each section??

Thanks

Rapunzel

Hi

I don't know the official answer it's a while since I did E215 but evidence I re-used in E215 I did a new cover sheet. You also have to indicate on your E215 EYCLOs that it is evidence previously used by putting 'E115 V' in the evidence descriptions.

With regard to why bother updating for the ECA it's for our own personal and professional development but I know that after updating for the last EYCLO submission many people didn't update any further. There is so much to focus on with regard to parts one and two of the ECA it was nice not to have to worry about the EYCLO's!!

I also know that quite a few people in my cohort came unstuck on the ECA on 'technical issues' there is an awful lot of things to remember to include and the requirements are quite specific and detailed. It is perhaps quite easy to miss something out especially as you have to submit two copies.

I made a detailed ECA checklist which I know many of my cohort found useful so I have added it here in case it may be of help to you. I used it when everything was done and I was collating it all and ensuring both copies had everything! I remember spreading all the papers on the dining room table and ticking the checklist as I went along! The only thing you might need to change is the RLO part I have B1 2 and 3 because I was doing route B but it's only a case of changing the B to A or C!

ECA_checklist_latest.doc

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you so much for that it will be a great help. You are clearly way more organised than me :o

Rapunzel

You are very welcome xD It was just that we got lots of 'warnings' from tutors about making sure we included everything coupled with the fact it all had to be duplicated. Unfortunately I know people failed simply because they missed a piece of paperwork out :(

I was a bit like a headless chicken and just decided to play safe and plough through the ECA guidance and make a list!!

Hi

At my tutorial yesterday we were told that we had to show we had updated from E115 in nearly every element of every EYCLO! as Geraldine says by following the assessment guide and including E115(V) on the EYCLO forms. We were also informed that to update, you need to show that you are updating in line with the E215 course materials - so use course activities and observations etc. To cut a long story short - it is best to update nearly everything!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - I have just been printing off my evidence and PEF cover sheets - what a waste of paper and ink and time - I would have thought by now we could have submitted electronically.

Anyway all the best with it.

Geraldine you are definitely on E215 overtime today!

:oxD

JUst re read my earlier message and don't think I made myself very clear! Largely due to the 0% available for EYCLOs in the ECA marking many people simply didn't bother to update BUT I did serious updating for the last submission of EYCLOs before the ECA and like myhenroxanne says we were advised that not much in the way of 're-used' evidence would be acceptable. The 'time' element is something I strongly believe you cannot put an actual timeframe to be it months or years, if you have evidence that you currently use and can show why and how it remains relevant then the date it was obtained is almost irrelevant as the validity and currency of the evidence can be detailed in the written explanation section.

I have just quickly flicked through my 12 EYCLOS that I submitted for the ECA and found a total of 4 pieces of evidence marked as 'E115V" - it was a quick flick through and I may have missed some but certainly not many! Bearing in mind that if you included all the elements of all the EYCLOs it is over 100 pieces of evidence that could be used and therefore in general terms the percentage of 'reused' evidence is definitely very low.

I beleive this is as it should be, the idea of moving on from 115 to 215 is that new found knowledge and understanding is put into practice and this in turn generates 'newer' or 'stronger' evidence of practice than was previously apparent.

Edited by Geraldine

I agree Geraldine, I had several E115(V) pieces of evidence, but no more than one per EYCLO, as long as you can show why it's the strongest evidence for the criteria and that it's still valid, then there should be no problem with it. As you say, you are showing how you have 'moved on' over the duration of your study.

I agree Geraldine, I had several E115(V) pieces of evidence, but no more than one per EYCLO, as long as you can show why it's the strongest evidence for the criteria and that it's still valid, then there should be no problem with it. As you say, you are showing how you have 'moved on' over the duration of your study.

Ah! the 'one per EYCLO' that you mention rings a bell with me and I think that was the general advice received from my tutor.

EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just resone EYCLO 2 and have 7 pieces from E115. working as a nanny it can be quite hard to generate new evidence especially when it comes to child protection

I haven't even started the TMA. I will be so excited when this course is over wish they could all be as enjoyable as U212

Carolyn

I think many of us struggled, in varying degrees, through E215 and at times just drowned in paperwork and could barely see the light at the end of the tunnel. Huge sighs of relief when the ECA was finally submitted!

I really believe that the benefit of this course is not really apparent until some time after completion. I realise with hindsight what a great course it was but sometimes it was difficult to appreciate that when bogged down completing EYCLOd and TMAs

Something my tutor didn't make clear was that once submitted your EYCLOs are not marked again (hence the 0% at ECA).

Once they are submitted, don't struggle too hard on those, unless you live in fear of the random 'portfolio selection' (as I did !)

By all means, keep them up to date - they will be glanced at - but don't stress.

At least not until ECA time ( :o - no help at all, I'm guessing!)

But yor RLOs are a different story!! Not marked properly until ECA!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)