Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holidays

I wondered whether anyone could give me some inspiration, my hubby wants me to book a holiday in the school summer holidays, he would like to go abroad, stay in a villa with a pool, be in walking distance to the local restaurants so he can have a drink in the evening but not too built up with night clubs etc, about a 2-3 hour flight time away. I have spent ages today looking at all the locations on the internet and feel i need to narrow it down to a location. can anyone recommend anywhere that they enjoyed.........................i'm sooo confused...........Thanks

I wondered whether anyone could give me some inspiration, my hubby wants me to book a holiday in the school summer holidays, he would like to go abroad, stay in a villa with a pool, be in walking distance to the local restaurants so he can have a drink in the evening but not too built up with night clubs etc, about a 2-3 hour flight time away. I have spent ages today looking at all the locations on the internet and feel i need to narrow it down to a location. can anyone recommend anywhere that they enjoyed.........................i'm sooo confused...........Thanks

Just off to bed and saw this! I had a superb time in Crete, we stayed in Aghios Nikolaos. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and lots to do locally and a little further afield:-)

Hi there I would recommend Croatia My husband and I had a wonderful time there two years ago, it was really beautiful we stayed in a really quiet resort called Milini it only had our hotel and a restaurant up the hill which was fantastic.

The next resort down was Cavtat a bit more going on but still really lovely and away from lots of other British tourists which we both loved we really did feel like we were far away from home :)

Good luck finding somewhere.

Sal123

My step brother bought a house in an island called cres in croatia. we went last summer it was fab. everything so cheap not in the euro yet. the village we stayed was like a fishing village. had drinks in one bar then meal then went to another for pudding. it was fab. not much for children apart from swimming in sea although my three want to go again so it was obviously ok. I want all inclusive but too expensive.

buttercup

My heart is in Italy so I would recommend any where in Italy, or Sardinia which is often forgotten. Lovely people and have always been made to feel very welcome.

and we love Malta... not sure about villas there though, we are hotel people now!

just choose carefully if you want local restaurants... many places there are a bit out of town!

but bus service is excellent, if bumpy, and cheap!