Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health Questionnaires

DebbieW

It was pointed out to me during a Suitable Person Interview that it is considered good practice to ask the staff to complete a health questionnaire at the time of their annual performance review....... Also to include whether they have had any criminal convictions since the previous review. Does anyone have something like this that they use and wouldn't mind sharing?

our staff filled in a health declaration when they started work and we had a page with space for alterations added for them to sign at an annual review.. we added the any convictions over the last year bit - ours was based on the Ofsted form... and they told us it had to include alcohol and drug use

Hi, I did one of these having seen it on here and gave it out to staff in September.

However ... I've since wondered whether there is any kind of discrimination law that might prohibit it? The new equality act might have something in it about this - does anyone know?

I might be a bit wary doing it at the same time as appraisals, in case staff could construe that you are appraising them on their health.

we did ours every September a different time to the reviews which we did in July -

Know you cannot ask for them with an application form any more and use them for application criteria but unsure as to how this would affect the need to know of any medical conditions which may need treatment or help while at work..eg not knowing if someone has an allergy or asthma which could cause issues while at work.

Edited by Inge

i would be really interested in the replies to this as the new laws just come in prevent us from doing health declarations ...are ofsted still allowed to do them also?

Thank you for your interest in this topic.....I appreciate all your comments and help. Which new laws are you referring to? The ofsted health declaration is one thing....have you seen the gender preference questionnaire that goes with it albeit non compulsory to fill in.

we did ours every September a different time to the reviews which we did in July -

Know you cannot ask for them with an application form any more and use them for application criteria but unsure as to how this would affect the need to know of any medical conditions which may need treatment or help while at work..eg not knowing if someone has an allergy or asthma which could cause issues while at work.

How come?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)