Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rant

Just wondering if anyone else has the same thing happen to them. Each time a parent is meant to come round to discuss me having their kids they never turn up - no phone call nothing its sooooooooooooooooo annoying. This has happened to me 2 out of 3 time now and im getting very fed up as its wasting my time hanging round the house waiting for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How frustrating! I always book a date and time, take contact details and ask them to let me know if they can't make it... as you say it's annoying when you've stayed in especially. I sometimes think people expect us to be at home all the time because that's our workplace :o

There may be a genuine reason for their "no show" - have you tried to call them to see and to try to re-arrange?

Good luck,

Nona

I also always book a specific time and date but make it clear that they can pop round at other time if they accept that I may be out or too busy to talk at length.

I ask for their phone number so that I can let them know if something crops up but also because if they think you'll ring them they are less likely to not show up.

It is frustrating and very rude but maybe you're better off not entering into a business relationship with people who behave like that anyway. Think of it as a lucky escape.

All sorted - i rang her and left a message as we did arrange a time and date. She rang back to say she was at the door at 1.30 as stated. Found out she was at the wrong house in a different close. She is coming today x Just wondering what do you guys charge for afer school rates? I was thinking of £3 per hour but she wants me to have the kiddies till 6.30 - 6.45 and normally i charge a higher fee for normal mindees after 6 pm. Do you think charging £3.00 per hour and then £1.50 for the half hour after my normal hours would be ok. Or would you do it differently????

I know she cancelled, but if she wants childcare at inconvenient times, she have to pay for it - my childminder charges double for before 8am and after 6pm, and when I've needed that late time because of uni times and hubby's work shifts, we've paid it to her without any quibbles. And if it would have been 'I'll get them between 6.30 and 6.45,' I'd say charge for the full hour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)