Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Got A Cc Job :)

Hello to all you lovely CC people. I am a teacher and have been teaching for 11 years, 7 years EY. I have now got a job in a CC (as a CC worker). I am feeling a bit apprehensive, although it is really what I want to do, as school is so structured and I know exactly where I am with that.

I was hoping you could give me some ideas as to what would be useful to know before I start my new job and if there are any good books to read.

Thanks

Congratulations! :o

I started working as a QT in a Children's Centre in April and advice that I will pass on is...it does take some getting used to! Although after about 2/3 months I was settled and used to the new ways of doing things.

With regards to books etc... I think most Local Authorities have different needs and expectations however I just made sure that I was up to date with all policies (which has been tricky with change of governments!) and EYS practice (National Strategy documents are great)

Good luck! xD

Well done sunbeam, as Devsy has said, there are so many differences across the country and it will take time to get to know your LAs and your local agenda.

'Integrated chilrens centre'' is a fairly new book with some case studies around multi agency working and the challenges faced in Childrens services. I cant remember the author off hand but think its carol or caroilne something..maybe another member will know?

Good luck with it, do read what others have been writing about, and enjoy your early days settling in and getting to know people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)