Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ring Games And Music And Movement

Hi everyone

Just wondering if people could give me ideas.

I teach in nursery and would like to have some ideas on wet playtimes. If there is anything you do related to music or ringames?

Thank you

I always meant to write it all down but never did - so off the top of my head:

Depends on age of children but with pre school did these:

Friendship web (explained in a thread a few weeks ago)

The Ball Name Game - all sat in circle with legs open - roll ball to friend but have to call friend's name first so they are alert to receive it.

Brown Bear what do you see rhyme - "Lucy, Lucy, what do you see?" Lucy: I see Peter looking at me". Peter Peter what do you see? I see Gemma smiling at me. etc

Guess who - Give 3 descriptive clues of a child e.g. this child is a girl, is wearing striped tights and has brown hair, who is it?

Hope that's some to start you off

ppp

my version (lots of other's!)

children line up...grandma in front of them and a little way away (like whats the time mr wolf) then they chant

"grandma,grandma can we cross the water to see your lovely daughter?" grandma says yes and turns

around and the children start to creep forward

then turns back again ....anyone found moving gets sent back to the start. The first one who gets to grandma takes her (his!) place.

needs a bit of practise to start but works well

Hi everyone

Just wondering if people could give me ideas.

I teach in nursery and would like to have some ideas on wet playtimes. If there is anything you do related to music or ringames?

Thank you

If you have the Letters and Sounds document (phase 1), that has loads of activities you can do as circle games which you can easily differentiate and extend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)