Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Displays

Ho ho ho :o

I am looking to redo our display boards with the christmas theme for our concert. I have all the usuals ideas of gluing and sticking to make stockings, christmas trees, christmas puddings etc. I also saw an idea of making Rudolphs with handprints which I am hoping to try.

Does anyone have any good, fun, new ideas on activities to do with the children for work to be displayed on boards?

Why not just give them lots of lovely Christmasy things like glue, glitter, cotton wool, doilies, bits of fir tree, shiny paint, cones, foils, art straws, lots of silver and gold sparkly bits and pieces etc. etc and let them do their own thing? They might also have their own ideas for what they wish to do. Using Christmas stories from the wonderful books which are available, and looking at Christmas cards and paintings, can be used as a stimulus. Personally I don't like to see lots of similar items which have been planned by adults rather than the children, so adding these sort of items to your creative/workshop area as enhancements can really motivate them to produce something which as adults we would never think of.

Why not just give them lots of lovely Christmasy things like glue, glitter, cotton wool, doilies, bits of fir tree, shiny paint, cones, foils, art straws, lots of silver and gold sparkly bits and pieces etc. etc and let them do their own thing? They might also have their own ideas for what they wish to do. Using Christmas stories from the wonderful books which are available, and looking at Christmas cards and paintings, can be used as a stimulus. Personally I don't like to see lots of similar items which have been planned by adults rather than the children, so adding these sort of items to your creative/workshop area as enhancements can really motivate them to produce something which as adults we would never think of.

Reading this Jacquie, I think I will get some pieces of fir tree, cones etc. and then let the children loose with sparkly stuff etc. and then find a way to attach their decoration to the board.

I think I will get some pieces of fir tree, cones etc. and then let the children loose with sparkly stuff etc. and then find a way to attach their decoration to the board.

I agree, I particularly like the idea of fir tree and cones - thanks Jacquie!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)