Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Science And Investigation

Look in the forum for 'discover bottles' these are fab if you haven't come across them and can be made by the parents and children. Google 'discovery bottles' and you will get lots of ideas

I also like Teacher Tom's blog spot ( a bit like Alistair Bryce Clegg's abcdoes. one. Tom's is packed with science investigations and like Alistair's site some great photos. I particularly like his 'pendulum painting' I was so inspired I went off the the plumber's merchant to get the plastic tubing and corner joins to get the children to construct the pendulum themselves! Also slime is good to make with them (PVA, borax-from boots chemist- glycerine, food colouring and water) amazing texture and consistency

Here's the link to Teacher Tom

http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

try this too

Clean Mud

warm water (warm enough to melt soap)

1 bar dove soap

1 roll white toilet paper

Have the children tear up the toilet paper into little bits (the smaller the better). Using a cheese grater, grate the bar of soap into a big bowl. Add the torn up toilet paper to the bowl. Add the warm water a little bit at a time while mixing the toilet paper and the soap together. You have added enough water when the mixture begins to feel like a thick cool whip. Do not make the mixture soupy. The more you play with it the fluffier it become

mine like making slime, if you make it in a bowl - cornflour and water it goes hard on the surface but when you pt your hands in and pick it up it become runny.

magic potions - bicarb of soda, white vinegar, glitter/ sequins, washing up liquid and food colouring

if you search the web their is a website about grossology (see below)

grossology

also anything to do with ice in balloons, icebergs or once i froze little men inside ice cubes and the children had to find ways of resucing them!

usbourne as a good science things to do book also

Hope this helps

Emma

• Like 1

Hi, if you go on TES website and enter sensory play in the resources search box there is a full list of things. I printed it off and made it into a booklet. Some fab ideas in there! You do need to log in to look at the resources but its FREE to join!!! Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
Hi, if you go on TES website and enter sensory play in the resources search box there is a full list of things. I printed it off and made it into a booklet. Some fab ideas in there! You do need to log in to look at the resources but its FREE to join!!! Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I cant find these resources anymore. You don't happen to have them saved do you?sounds really interesting

Thanks

Gina

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)